Family Eye Care Center
403 N. Garden Street
Columbia, TN 38401
Dry Eye Clinic
Payment Plans through Vision Care Direct
- Exercises for the eyes to correct for problems that may not be fixed by a pair of glasses (which can be performed on everyone from young children to elderly individuals).
- Exercises to train muscles of the eye to coordinate better and work together to provide better eye movements and depth perception.
- Therapy techniques to improve a patients reading ability (which can often improve school childrens grades).
- Therapy techniques that can correct eye movement problems, eye focusing problems, eye alignment problems, and amblyopia, otherwise known as lazy eye.
- Techniques available to help individuals who have had trauma to their
brains from either injury or stroke. Many times these individuals
experience new eye problems following the traumatic event and these
problems can be treated or improved with exercises for the eyes.
- Sport performance therapy that is designed to improve depth perception for athletes, or to allow them to
pick up a ball quicker.
“Before vision therapy, I couldn’t see anything upclose or far away. I always got headaches reading. I did therapy for 8 weeks and now I can read easily, I can see better when playing baseball, and for the first time I didn’t get any headaches during TCAP testing. The exercises were fun. They seemed easy, but they helped me a lot.”- A.M. Age 11 - Focusing Problems
"Doing eye exercises made hitting the softball a lot easier. I can see the ball better and react to it faster than I used to. My coach was really happy. I can also read easier than I could before therapy. Overall it was really fun and I’m glad I did it.”- B.B. Age 12 - Poor Softball Performance
"L. has improved so much in school. She can now sit down with a book and read without my help. She no longer reads with her finger, plus she doesn’t loose her place. I have also noticed that she understands what she reads in more detail than she has in the past. Overall the time that vision therapy took was well worth the sacrifice.”- L.R. - Mother of 10 Year Old - Poor Reading Eye Movements
"I feel like therapy made hitting the ball easier for me. I used to strikeout a lot, but now I hardly ever strikeout. I can see the ball a lot better too. The eye exercises were fun, and I’m happy I did them. I went from one of the worst hitters on my team to one of the best. Plus Dr. Sands made everything really fun.”- K.S. Age 11 - Poor Softball Performance
"R. was diagnosed with a learning disability several years ago. School work has always been hard for her. She used to struggle to read for more than 5 minutes at a time. Now after 16 weeks of vision therapy, her reading skills have improved greatly. We can work for up to an hour without her loosing focus. In the past she always covered one eye when reading and complained of seeing double. Now she reads much better and can tell me about what she has read. I feel like vision therapy has put us on the right path for continued success in school.”- R.H. Mother of 13 Year Old Female - Poor Eye Alignment